These are my new favorite cookies. Rich… decadent… and a slight twist on a classic! For a little something extra, I like to roll them in vanilla sugar.
Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe type: Baked Goodies
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup vanilla sugar (for rolling the cookies in)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. I usually whisk it a few times, which works well.
- Beat together the peanut butter and butter. The color will lighten up and the consistency will looks nice and creamy. Add the granulated and brown sugar. Beat the mixture until it is smooth. Add the egg and beat until mixed well. Incorporate the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until it is well-mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Drop cookies using a teaspoon (or, better yet, a cookie scoop!) into the bowl of vanilla sugar. Roll them around a little bit and place them on the baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. Using a fork, spoon or just your clean fingers, press down the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. They might appear to be a little underdone but they'll be fine! Let rest for a few minutes and then transfer them to a rack to finish cooling.
- I use a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop to measure out each cookie and get 45-46 cookies from each batch.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen. All hail Smitten Kitchen!